Sunday, September 23, 2012

Friends who Philanth'rock' it!

Many for-profit organizations are including philanthropy in their missions and engaging in social responsibility. This past Friday, my friend Caitlin volunteered at the State Street Global Outreach 4K! State Street encourages their employees to be active in their communities and collectively the corporation has contributed over 78,000 hours to 4,900 volunteer projects worldwide.  When I asked her why she volunteered for the 4K, she responded:


"I volunteered because my husband is running it. Also because it is a great opportunity for me to take a study break, get outside, and enjoy the September sunshine on the Boston Harbor Islands. Meeting new people and enjoying life for a good cause!" 


If you work at State Street or are friend of the State Street family, check out their website for details: State Street Global Outreach.

No comments:

Post a Comment